Search for content in message boards

Need Ozaukee Search HELP? from Carol

Replies: 33

Re: Need Ozaukee Search HELP? from Carol

Posted: 26 Feb 2014 4:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Carol!

I have Ozaukee county roots and have not been able to get back down to research (I live up north)
I am seeking the family of my immigrant ancestors David and Martha Marie (Mary) SCHAEFFNER (aka Sheffner/Schaffner/Sheffler). Martha's maiden name is Schoenwergen. They arrived in Baltimore in 1847 and by 1850 were living with the GRUENEWALD family (relatives) in Mequon. The family consists of David, Martha (Mary), and daughters Caroline (married to David Gruenewald) Johanna (married Henry Besse) and Eva. By 1860 Johanna (my ggg grandma) had married and was living in Wauwatosa with her family. There is no further mention of Martha or Eva. By 1870 Johanna had died in childbed and David was still living with the Gruenewalds. He dies in early March 1878 after going missing. He was found in the lake after several weeks. Buried on the county farm. I am especially curious to find any further records of this family particularly what happened to Martha and Eva. When I was last in the area, I had found a few very early records of baptisms and confirmations for both Caroline and Johanna's children at Trinity South Mequon. I saw a film of some of their records once but didn't get to finish viewing it. I thought one of them mentioned an "Eva" as one of the baptism sponsors. It is all written in Old German script so very time-consuming to decipher. ACK! I have been searching for these folks for a long time...
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Carol_in_OZ 1 Feb 2008 5:31PM GMT 
pan_mila 17 Jan 2009 2:17PM GMT 
klkraemer 22 Mar 2013 12:53AM GMT 
lrsenne07 26 Feb 2014 11:04AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions