Search for content in message boards

Chamberlain & Bacon families from Indiana

Replies: 3

Re: Chamberlain & Bacon families from Indiana

Posted: 20 Jul 2011 9:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you so much for the information and obituary for Theresa! I'm sorry, but I can't help you much.
I'm not directly related to the Chamberlain clan. My cousin is a descendant of the Kashow family, so I was researching that family as much as I could. Elon G. Bacon's first wife was Eliza Kashow, daughter of Daniel A. & Elizabeth (Higgins) Kashow. They had 4 children I'm aware of: Almira, John R., Mary Jane, and Richard Orlando.
I had found the cemetery index for Maple Grove Cemetery, so I'd found Elon, Omar and Joseph Bacon, but I never did find Theresa. I wasn't sure if she moved or not. I know nothing further than Theresa on the Chamberlain family. I didn't even know about Samuel.

I found the following for O. Perry Stuck:
Notice for Adminstrator's Sale of the Estate of Perry Stuck, of Marion County, Indiana dated 1848
Broadside for an estate sale to be held on July 7, 1848 in Marion County, Indiana. It includes a partial inventory of the items and the terms of sale. It has light foxing but is in otherwise excellent condition. It 18" w x 15" h.
ADMINISTRATOR'S SALE.
The undersigned, administrator of the estate of Perry Stuck, deceased, late of Marion county, will, on the 7th day of July, 1848, at the late residence of said decedent, five miles south of Indianapolis, near the Railroad, offer for sale all the personal estate of said decedent, consisting of one five-horse Wagon, Harness, &e. Horses, Cattle, Hogs, &c. Also household and kitchen Furniture, and divers other articles too numerous to mention.
The terms of sale will be, all sums under three dollars, cash in hand, over that sum, nine months' credit, the purchaser to give note with security, without relief from valuation or appraisement laws.
JAMES HAMILTON, Administrator
June 8, 1848
image: www.yourpieceofhistory.com/products.php?cat=7&pg=3

archive.liveauctioneers.com/archive4/scottwinslow/19846/0489_1_lg.jpg

Thank you for sharing!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Beverly Chamberlain Dickinson 10 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Guambaby 10 Jun 2011 12:00AM GMT 
Dan Geister 21 Jul 2011 2:12AM GMT 
Guambaby 21 Jul 2011 3:18AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions