Search for content in message boards

Info needed on Johanna (Jennie) Gullickson

Replies: 9

Re: Info needed on Johanna (Jennie) Gullickson

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 1:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello my name is Bjørnar Bruun!

I am 50 years old, live in Norway, close to Oslo. My mother's great great grandparents emigrated to America, we learned that they were the first settlers in Cushing ,Wisconsin.
The Gulliksen family left Norway on 28 May 1869. Nils and Marie Sofie , children: Gullik, Anders, Ole, Georgine, Hanna and Nikoline.

One child was left in Norway: Olea Nilsdatter, she was left to take care of their old and sick grandmother who was about 79 years old
Ole Nilsdatter was heavily pregnant when her family emigrated, Olea Nilsdatter is my mother's great grandmother.

Oleas son Johan Erickson (born Johan Hansen) emigrated to America in 1904. Johan married Inga Marie Johansen born 1891 , Arendal Norway. The first children’s were born in Winchester, Wisconsin. Johan Erickson and his family later moved to Trego Montana, and later to Eureka Montana. Inga Marie died 1922. Johan remarried and lived in Chicago at the end of his life, he died 1946 in Chicago , Johan is buried in Eureka Montana with Inga Marie. Eureka is right on the Canadian border . Johan and Inga Marie got 8 children. The youngest child is still living, Esther born 1929 . Relatives of Johan lives in Montana and neighboring states.

Johans brother, my great grandfather Ole Løvvold (born Johansen) emigrated in 1905, but returned to Norway in about 1907. I know my great grandfather was in Nils Gulliksen funeral in 1905. Johan and my great grandfather wrote letters to each other, we try to find these letters, perhaps they can be found in America

The Gulliksen lived on the farm Grette, Våle municipality, Vestfold County. Close to Holmestrand city.
Johan Erickson came from the homestead Tolvsrødeie, Botne municipality, Vestfold county, close to Holmestrand City.
it is only 15 minutes driving between Tolvsrød and Grette farm.
Holmestrand city is about 60 minutes driving from the capital Oslo

I am very happy that I have made contact with Johan Eriksen's relatives. I so enjoyed talking to Dolly on the phone Wednesday, Johan was her grandfather. I would also like to get in touch with descendants of Nils and Maren Sofie Gulliksen.

Regards
Bjørnar
cell 48 13 97 55
bjornar@spektrum-forlag.no
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
4horseshoes 24 Sep 2011 7:28PM GMT 
barbdale_1 29 Sep 2011 2:46AM GMT 
barbdale_1 29 Sep 2011 2:55AM GMT 
barbdale_1 29 Sep 2011 3:16AM GMT 
barbdale_1 29 Sep 2011 3:28AM GMT 
4horseshoes 29 Sep 2011 6:37PM GMT 
rhanson 3 Oct 2011 5:41PM GMT 
gwg112047 29 Jan 2012 7:40PM GMT 
4horseshoes 29 Jan 2012 8:08PM GMT 
bjornarbruun 29 Mar 2013 7:15PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions