Search for content in message boards

scandinavian (Carlstrom)

Replies: 5

Re: scandinavian (Carlstrom)

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 9:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello--
Thank you very much, it was like an early Christmas present. I did some reading on Google about the naming patterns but still had difficulty figuring it out, but think I might have a general idea. It confuses me because sometimes she would be Thekla Christine Jansson and other times Thekla Christine Larsson/dotter/dottir. I think that when they are born its one name and when they get married it then changes. Please correct me if I am wrong.

So if her parents are Lars Jansson and Sara Lisa Ersdotter Baska what would her uncle's and brother's names be. I ask because Daniel immigrated here first, followed by Thekla and Lydia. Would Thekla and Lydia of immigrated by themselves of would another male member of her family of traveled with them?

I have absolutely no information about Daniel other than that he was supposedly the gardener for Thekla's family in Sweden, and then they fell in love. A relationship that her family didn't approve of. Thekla was buried in Minneapolis, in 1899 shortly after the birth of my Grandpa Dan.

Did your information say anything about Daniel's parents? Having those names would complete my fifth generation of my family tree, which looks like a big hole.

I don't know how to appropriately thank you, but I will say that your message made my heart rate speed up--in a good way.

Shannon

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
banish 25 Jul 2012 3:25PM GMT 
magabaker 24 Oct 2012 11:40AM GMT 
banish 25 Oct 2012 3:21PM GMT 
murielpfeifer... 25 Oct 2012 2:35AM GMT 
banish 25 Oct 2012 4:52PM GMT 
magabaker 25 Oct 2012 8:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions