The 46th Wisconsin Infantry was organized at Camp Randall in Madison and mustered into service on March 2, 1865, only a few weeks before the war ended. The regiment moved to Louisville, Kentucky, March 5-10 and then traveled to Athens, Alabama, between April 22-24. Its services included guard duty along the line of the Nashville & Decatur Railroad. The regiment mustered out of active service, September 27, 1865. It lost 20 men during service, all from disease.
taken from wisconsinhistory.org