Search for content in message boards

Death info on Johan Berthinius Lauritzen

Replies: 8

Re: Death info on Johan Berthinius Lauritzen

Posted: 23 Aug 2011 6:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
So cool. This is much clearer photo of Marie. And isn't Gladys a little cutie. The photo of her as a young woman looks almost identical to her mother in the earlier photo you sent. Wow. I can't wait to see more. This is blowing me away. I did know that Emily was born in Norway and that Charles wasn't her biological father. I was curious about what happened to her father.

I've had such a wonderful time researching my Norwegian relatives. I've found about a dozen of Lauritz' wife Emma Heckne's cousins (my cousins) on Facebook and we've become quite good Facebook friends. One of my grandmother's family members and her husband still owns and lives in the Hekne Farm in which Emma's father was born. There 2 sons are about the age of my own sons and are also Facebook friends. I have old photos from the Norwegian Archives of the farm, the family on the farm during that time, as well as archival photos of Hekne Community and Hekne School. And now I have a current photo of the current resident standing in front of the farm with his dog. It's just amazing. I never knew these wonderful folks even existed or that there was a Hekne "anything" until this April when I started my search. This has been one of the most rewarding journeys of my life. And now you...
Kathleen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kathleen Monk... 7 Aug 2011 1:40AM GMT 
krbaumga 22 Aug 2011 4:25PM GMT 
Kathleen Monk... 23 Aug 2011 12:08AM GMT 
maryalice3150 23 Aug 2011 2:40AM GMT 
maryalice3150 23 Aug 2011 2:47AM GMT 
Kathleen Monk... 23 Aug 2011 3:24AM GMT 
maryalice3150 23 Aug 2011 12:47PM GMT 
maryalice3150 23 Aug 2011 12:56PM GMT 
Kathleen Monk... 24 Aug 2011 12:46AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions