Search for content in message boards

Family History

Replies: 1

Re: Henry Albert von Bruenchenhein in Milwaukee's German newspapers

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 6:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Apr 2013 6:35AM GMT
Surnames: von Bruechenhein von Brünchenhein
"Henry Albert Von Bruenchenhein migrated from Germany in April, 1849. I do not know his father's name. It was told that came from Hesse Cassel, Germany. However, I do not know the town. It is said that he was the son a Duke. He settled in Milwaukee, WI near the Soldier's Home, and served in the Civil War. I cannot find any record of him serving in the Civil War."

There were death notices for H. A. von Bruechenhein in Milwaukee's German newspapers, possibly an obituary? There were also much earlier notices and an additional clipping for his wife. Be sure to include the spelling von Brünchenhein in your searches.

The death notices and obituaries in the historic German papers are mostly concerned with the deceased and the event of their death, arrangements and possibly immediate family, and not so much with genealogy research/ers.

"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping family researchers collect evidence of our historic German-American culture.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sjvonb 15 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
GaryRRebholz 20 Apr 2013 12:30PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions