Search for content in message boards

Wesley Burns

Replies: 7

Re: Wesley Burns

Posted: 15 Aug 2014 2:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Albert,

I can email some copies of documents to you if you can provide me with your email address. I have a fairly lengthy divorce file from the early 1870s and extensive information on the Bristol side of the family. As I stated in a previous post, I am actually related to both Nelson Bristol and Matilda Van Doozer. I am a direct descendant of Nelson's from his first wife who died in Racine in 1849, while Matilda is my first cousin, four times removed. It must have been an awkward time for Matilda to be married to a man who was 26 years older than her and also her uncle and who had several children older than she was.

The Bristols (along with at least some portion of the time the Van Doozers) appear to have lived in Canada (near the current day town of Cramahe, Ontario or from upstate New York). They moved from Canada in the 1840s first settling briefly in Elgin, Illinois, then moving up Racine, in the 1860s they moved up to Algoma (Ahnapee back then), Wisconsin and then on to Door and Brown County near Green Bay.

The Bristols prior to Canada were descended from an individual who immigrated in the 1650s and settled present day New Haven, Connecticut.

I'm happy to provide information and was also happy to find out what happened to Matilda and Eleanor (Nellie), as they disappeared from what records I could find until I found that connection to the Burns name (and the fact that Van Doozer was severely misspelled in some of the records).

Sincerely,

Bart Williams
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
AlvinEBurns 22 Aug 2006 5:20PM GMT 
Doornumber1 23 Aug 2006 3:59PM GMT 
Al Burns 23 Aug 2006 4:29PM GMT 
Harold 24 Aug 2006 2:31PM GMT 
Al Burns 25 Aug 2006 9:58PM GMT 
Bart Williams 2 Feb 2014 10:06PM GMT 
alburns241626 15 Aug 2014 8:10PM GMT 
Bart Williams 15 Aug 2014 8:49PM GMT 
per page