Search for content in message boards

DANEK Surname

Replies: 21

Re: Nicholas Danek family GRASSROOTS

Posted: 25 May 2003 10:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Julie ~

Although I'm not related to either the Danek or the Smrcek families, I did take a look in the GRASSROOTS HISTORY OF RACINE CO. (WI) for you. It does, I see, include nice photos of some of your Smrcek relations. You must be descended, then, from Pavel and Anna Smrcek's son Pavel of Marshall Co., KS (later Riley Co.). They all started off, when they came from Czechoslovakia, in Caledonia, Racine Co., WI and your Pavel, Jr., headed the later move to KS. His brother Frank (Sophie Danek's husband) had two sons, Daniel and Frank Jr., that both lived much of their lives in Kansas also.

The photos in the GRASSROOTS book are of Sophie and Frank Smrcek Sr., and one of Sophie and Frank's sons, and pictures of Emily and Joseph Smrcek, who was the son of Frank and your Pavel's brother Joseph.

As far as information on the families of all these people, you can find them all outlined on the Latter-Day Saints website. "Cut & paste" the following web to get to the LDS search page:

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp?P...

(If you have any problem getting to it, go to www.familysearch.org and then click on "Search Ancestors." It'll take you to the search page). Once there, be sure that "All Resources" is highlighted on the left column. Enter FRANK SMRCEK in the name slots and click to Search. The "Ancestral Files" section will include Frank Smrcek, born in November 1845. Click on his name to open. You can then click on any of the names (AND on the "Family" link directly to the right of the names) and you'll end up seeing all children, parents, etc., going back and forward with each generation.

If you'd like copies of the photos I mentioned, email back and I'll scan them into the computer.

Let me know if these things work out for you, Julie.

Best,
Kathe C.
Chicago
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kathy Hertzog 13 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Bernice Lewis 24 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
CALVIN KAPLANOVA 1 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
rensink 1 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Kathy Hertzog 21 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
KBCUNNING 3 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Julie Pishny 26 May 2003 1:48AM GMT 
KBCUNNING 26 May 2003 4:37AM GMT 
RobertClayton... 8 Jul 2004 12:19PM GMT 
RobertClayton... 8 Jul 2004 7:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions