Corliss is documented in the GRASSROOTS HISTORY OF RACINE COUNTY (pub. 1978, Racine Co. Heritage Library Museum). A small section of the town of Sturtevant is still referred to as Corliss, which was once the name of the entire town of Sturtevant. Sturtevant lies on the west side of Mt. Pleasant Twp. in Racine Co. The original name of the area was Parkersville (1848), after Stillman Parker, who planted acres of his land creating a subdivision. Then, about 1877, the Chicago & Northwestern RR, which crossed the tracks of the Western Union RR at what is now Sturtevant, began calling it Western Union Junction. At that time, the only building in "Western Union Junction" was a box car at the intersection of the two RR lines. In the 1880s, a grocery and dry goods store were added, and in the 1890s the Brown Corliss Engine Co. managed to make it into a booming town, by area standards. It was decided that it merited a better name and became the town of Corliss. By 1907, Corliss had been incorporated as a village, and had a bank, two hotels, two doctors, several stores, and a public school. In 1923, the B.F. Sturtevant Company of Mass. bought out the engine company and the name of the village was changed to Sturtevant.
Credit for this information goes to Mrs. Frederick Falk, who prepared the Sturtevant, WI section of the GRASSROOTS HISTORY text.
Hope that helps you out, Judy.