Search for content in message boards

LARSON, Hans Peter: looking for grave in Racine, WI

Replies: 7

Re: LARSON, Hans Peter: looking for grave in Racine, WI

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 12:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Lisa-

Glad you were able to locate their place of burial. I was going to suggest calling Emmaus, new spelling, church for that info after I found the Mrs obit. I'm attaching that and the public thank-you that appeared in the newspaper.

I saw a few mentions of Agnes going to nursing school in Chicago and graduating. I actually found lots of little tidbits on the family in the local newspapers but it tended to get a bit confusing when I found a second Nels Peter Larson that got a divorce and of course, the LARSON surname is quite common so it gets a bit hard sorting them all out.

I have access to NewspaperArchive via my local library and they have many of the old Racine newspapers on-line and searchable. If your not familiar with it, you should ask at your own local library to see if they offer this access also. For free, it's a wonderful resource. The only drawback is that it's not a complete archive. There's gaps here and there which is why I didn't find Han's obit.

If it's that important, you can always contact the Racine Public Library and ask for a copy of Han's obit but it will cost.

Have you checked www.familysearch.org to see if they have Han's naturalization info? My gr-grandpa's papers were filed in Racine but earlier filings went to Chicago. You could try the UW-Parkside Library to see if they have the old files and if they can do a look-up. I heard that UWP has a lot of old court files from Racine & Kenosha.

SISU!
John
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gumml 25 Nov 2002 7:17PM GMT 
brendat4931 12 Dec 2002 10:53PM GMT 
Lisa Gumm 12 Dec 2002 11:58PM GMT 
judyoens 10 Feb 2013 8:09PM GMT 
gumml 16 Feb 2013 7:48PM GMT 
Doornumber1 11 Feb 2013 7:53PM GMT 
gumml 16 Feb 2013 7:45PM GMT 
Doornumber1 17 Feb 2013 7:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions