Search for content in message boards

Obituary Request - C. P. "Peter" Kerrigan - 1924

Replies: 7

Re: Obituary Request - C. P. "Peter" Kerrigan - 1924

Kathy Wagner (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2005 3:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Joni,

This all started out with my grandmothers family history, her brother John King from Rosmuck, Co. Galway, married Bridget O'Malley, my mom and I went to Ireland to Rosmuck and the priest and cousins helped to put the pieces of the puzzle together from there we went to Co. Mayo thru friends and priests and people we knew in Chicago helped to fill in the the rest of the story. I used to belong to the Irish Social Club in Chicago the whole lot of them from Co. Mayo, information was overwhelming but that was 15 years ago.

Although I have the names of most likely your relatives, I am only related thru marriages as I go down the line,only starting from King/ O'Malley line, Bridget O'Malley has Gallaghers, McHugh's and Conway's, Casey who seem to have all landed in Wisconsin and many more names to far to list. All are related to the Bridget O'Malley(her bothers and sister) line, I am on the King side of which you most likely do not have so only from King/O'Malley line down is who I would be related to, this group landed in Chicagoland area,rest of the line is most likely who you are related to, but I would gladly share what I have. I have all the information in my many books with hopes of someday puting all my information in my family tree maker, if I had this done I would be able to send you what I have to see what you are missing but just asked and I will be happy to look information up that I have.
I think I can take you back pretty much to Co. Mayo, Ireland with the Gallaghers and so forth.

I used to live in McHenry Co. close to the Wisconsin line and I was just there in May to Lake Geneva and spent many a day in the Wisconsin Dells along with Wisconsin State Fair, love the cream puffs, love Wisconsin spent more time there than the city of Chicago!

Just let me know what you do not have I will see if I have the information.

Another reason for the interest in the O'Malley line was to see if Bridget O'Malley was related to Claire O'Malley that would have been a very interesting family history, sorry to say that did not prove to be a go. In Co. Mayo thru the years the O'Malley line has many of their records preserved more than any other family line in Ireland, Bridget O'Malley her records go back to Norway and than who knows? Some names I was given have not prove to be correct with dates, names seem to be correct but dates not quite so. (My own grandparents did not seem to know when they were born month and date where wrong according to the church records!)

I took what information I was given with hopes of one name leading to other, some of the infomation helped to piece together the rest of the story and some did not, just the chance I took for most of the Irish have the information in their heads and it is very hard to pull it out. When I was in Ireland and they realized how serious I was, all came out to try and help did we ever have a great time!

What I have is this and more but see if this matches what you have;

James Gallagher married Catherine McHugh both from
Co. Mayo

Children are:
John Gallagher
Michael Gallagher/Catherine Kelly
Thomas J. Gallagher?Sarah Riley
Patrick Gallagher/Nora
Bridget Gallagher/Dennis Kilbane--this must start your line
Owen Gallagher/Margaret Casey
Margaret Gallagher/James Barrett
Catherine Gallagher/ James Horkan