Search for content in message boards

Dawn I. Dewitt (1963 - 2012)

Replies: 1

Dawn I. Dewitt (1963 - 2012)

Posted: 13 Feb 2012 7:00AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
2/10/2012

Dawn I. Dewitt, 48, of Gresham, passed away unexpectedly Thursday, Feb. 9, 2012. Born on Sept. 9, 1963, in Los Angeles, her birth parents were Lois Winifred First and the late Clyde Growing Thunder. She was later adopted by Mary (Showers) Dewitt and the late Richard Dewitt.

Dawn grew up in Albuquerque, N.M., and graduated from high school there. While attending high school, she enrolled in the Navy Sea Cadet Program where she was an exchange student to Canada during the summer breaks. After high school, Dawn enlisted in the United States Marines and was in the Avionics Technician program. After her discharge, she was a computer programmer at Toshiba in California. Dawn lived in California, New Mexico and the Midwest before moving to the Shawano County area about 12 years ago.

She is survived by four children, Jason Salesberry of Norfolk, Va., Victoria (Chris) Burnett of Cincinnati, Ohio, James Kelley of Ohio, Creed Lang of Shawano; a grandson, Tony Lee; her mothers, Lois Winifred Grey Bull of Popler, Mont., Mary Dewitt of Albuquerque, N.M.; brothers and sisters, Wesley Grey Bull of Popler, Mont., Linda (Harry) Salesberry of Albuquerque, N.M., Richard (Sarah) Dewitt Jr. of Lake Forest, Calif., and David Dewitt, Jeffrey (Margaret) Dewitt and Steve (Terry) Dewitt, all of Albuquerque, N.M.; aunts, Karen First and Mryna First, both of Popler, Mont.; an uncle, Jerome First Jr. of Montana; and many friends.

She was preceded in death by her fathers; grandparents, Nina (Goes In The Lodge) and Jerome First Sr.; and a brother, Harold Grey Bull.

Funeral services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 13, 2012, at the Swedberg Funeral Home in Gresham. Burial will be in the Red Springs Cemetery in the Township of Red Springs with Military Rites by the Mohican Veterans. Visitation will be held at the funeral home Monday from 10 a.m. until the time of the service.

www.swedbergfuneralhome.com

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ShawanoGenWeb... 13 Feb 2012 2:00PM GMT 
vargavr1771 20 Nov 2012 5:42AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions