Search for content in message boards

Photo from the Greenbush Area with People I don't know.

Replies: 0

Photo from the Greenbush Area with People I don't know.

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 4:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cary/Cole/Thackray
I recognize my great-grandmother the child, Josie Cole and her mother sitting next to her, Mary Cole. I think the man may be my great-great grandfather, Thomas Cole Jr. The others I believe may be other Cole cousin wives for the Cole cousin who came to the area from England had five sons. This photo was also a postcard to a Lucy Roberts who was a servant at Henry Thomas Thackray's house in 1920 & 1930. The postcard was postmarked from Plymouth and sent in the early 1910s. The photo itself may have been taken between 1880 and 1900. I know Henry's father, John Thackray, married my great-great grandfather's sister, Mary Ann Cole. The name that the postcard is from is hard to read. If any of the five women look familiar to any of the Thackray's or Cole's let me know.

I've attached this photo to my tree if I have connected anyone's trees to my own. If I haven't connected your tree to mine and you recognize any of the five women that I do not know in the photo let me know. They may not be Cole or Thackray relations but members of the Methodist Church in Greenbush, WI or even just neighbors or friends in the area. If you recognize anyone let me know.

Paula Cary
Attachments:

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions