Search for content in message boards

Kegler Memorial Works in Plymouth

Replies: 0

Kegler Memorial Works in Plymouth

Posted: 14 Jan 2014 9:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to find if the records of the business are still in existence.
The inscription on the monument of my great-grandparents is almost invisible. But I have a paper signed by G.F. Kegler, dated Dec.13, 1900, agreeing to cut the inscription for my great-grandmother if the place is still in business when she dies.
If the records are available they may contain the information carved on the stone.

In searching for the business, I found the following information about it. Henry Nickel established the business in 1877. Kegler became his partner in 1890. The partnership discontinued. Kegler ran it until his death in 1922. Kegler's widow and brother-in-law Al Gehlhoff continued it. Gehlhoff bought out the Kegler interest in 1937. He sold it to EH Schmill of Plymouth (108 Caroline St) and ER Wilsmann of Two Rivers in Nov.1954. An Open House was held in March 1955 for the remodeled business. I don't know what happened to it after that. The partners apparently are deceased.

Does anyone know if the business continues under another name? Or if the records still exist and if I can access them?

Find a board about a specific topic