Search for content in message boards

Adolph, Fred, John & Herman Hauch 1900-1920

Replies: 15

Re: Adolph, Fred, John & Herman Hauch 1900-1920

Posted: 4 May 2012 5:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Good morning Kathy...

My ancestral heritage is 50% Prussian and 50% Saxon.

My mothers family was from Ostpruessen (East Prussia, near Lithuania), my paternal g. grandfathers family was from the Rheinland (near France).... both under the Prussian flag.

My surname ancestors were from Herzogtum Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha (today Thüringen), and my maternal g. grandmothers family was from Sachsen (Saxony, by Austria). Both considered non-Prussian.

And Prussia and the rest of the others (German speaking states) did not particulary care for each other!

After immigration to either New York (harbor), Castle Gardens or Baltimore, they migrated to South Manitowoc or Sheboygan Counties, Wisconsin, then to Northeast Clark County.

My surname line then migrated to Medford in the 1950's.

Kansas (a hotbed of Germans from Russia) has quite a number of origanizations and online listings of surnames that were ethnicaly cleansed from the Ukraine during the Russian Revolution of 1918. Other states that received an influx of Russian Germans were Colorado, Nebraska, North and South Dakota and up into the wheat growing areas of Canada. Googling is your best bet for this type of information!

As for Danes in Florida. Just a bit to the south of where I live (Ft. Lauderdale), is a city named Dania, named after a very large group of Danes that migrated there because of the Winter crops growing area in the 1930's, '40's and sort of tailing off in the 1950's when housing took over the farm fields. Not sure if they have any surname registry for the pioneers. The county that it (Dania) is located would be Broward. At one time (before Broward was established), it was the very northern part of Dade County (Miami).

This is kind of getting away from your original query. If you need to get back to me, use my eMail: rloss[a]bellsouth.net

Have a great day. Bob
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
brackettwilla... 3 May 2012 9:16AM GMT 
RLipprandt228... 3 May 2012 10:44AM GMT 
henningkathy 3 May 2012 11:09PM GMT 
henningkathy 3 May 2012 11:29PM GMT 
RLipprandt228... 4 May 2012 11:58AM GMT 
henningkathy 6 May 2012 1:00AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions