Search for content in message boards

Murphy: death notices needed for Roy, Ralph, Lloyd & possibly Edna.

Replies: 1

Murphy: death notices needed for Roy, Ralph, Lloyd & possibly Edna.

Posted: 3 Nov 2012 3:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Murphy Stacy Stacey
This exact post was originally posted on the Wood Co. WI message board.

Roy Murphy b. Apr 12, 1906 IL or IN, res: Maplehurst, Taylor, WI, d. .Oct 21, 1970 Marshfield, Wood, WI, bur: Riverside Cem: Withee: Clark, WI

Ralph Murphy b. Oct 14, 1916 Iroquois, Iroquois, IL, d. Mar 23, 1974, Milwaukee, WI.

Lloyd Murphy b. 29 Apr 1919, Iroquois, Iroquois, IL, bur. King WI, d. 21 Jan 1972, Milwaukee Co., WI.

All three of the above at some time lived in Maplehurst, Taylor, WI.

Hoping that a researcher will check for the death notice of Roy Murphy husband. of Alice Stacy. I am trying to connect him to a Ralph Murphy who was born in Iroquois, Iroquois, IL Oct 14, 1916 and died on Mar 23, 1974 in Milwaukee, WI. A Milwaukee Sentinel article on Ralph’s widow, nee Fischer said he was buried in Marshfield. I do not know if that means the general area or the city itself. He was Roman Catholic. He might be buried with the Victor Fischer family.

There is a third brother, Lloyd, who is buried at the military cemetery at King WI. His dates are b. 29 Apr 1919, Iroquois, Iroquois, IL, d. 21 Jan 1972 in Milwaukee Co., WI. His death information could have been in a Marshfield or Taylor Co. newspaper.

There was a fourth bro Warren b abt 1909 Custer City, Custer, OK. By the 1920 census he is not listed with the family so I assume that he died.

Finally there was a sister Edna b 1913 in OK. She is not listed on the 1930 census with her father and sibs. She might have married at 16 or died.

On Ancestry I met a descendant of Roy who would also like to have Roy’s death notice and possible obituary.

I live in Milwaukee and have computer access to the Milwaukee Journal, Sentinel and later the combined Journal-Sentinel from 1990 on. Some issues are missing mostly in 1990. I would be happy to search Milwaukee death notices and obits or any article from that period in exchange for someone searching for Roy, Ralph and Lloyd.

I would also search the Milwaukee papers for people on this board who need that assistance. If a notice is needed from an earlier time period I could check the microfilms at the main library. That would take more time to get done.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mary Quirk-Th... 3 Nov 2012 9:28PM GMT 
Mary Quirk-Th... 3 Nov 2012 9:30PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions