Unknown Gorsline

Replies: 43

Re: Unknown Gorsline

Linda Bartos (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2006 7:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gorsline, Merrihew, Burger, VanKleeck, Every, Hill
Hi Irma and Meline,
Did you get Samuel & Sarah (Burger) Gorsline, figured out yet. Your post were 2001 but i never seen them.
Samuel and Sarah were my Gr-gr- gr- grandparents. It is a hard family to find. My mother was Frances Gorsline Marr. to Kenneth Mackes, lived in Allentown, Lehigh Co., PA, My grandfather was Harry Lavale Gorsline married to Laura Mae
Roberts, they lived in Lehighton, Carbon Co., PA, My Gr- grandparents were Moses Dinge Gorsline of Rosendale, Ulster Co.marr. Etta VanKleeck Merrihew , marr.in Stone Ridge, Ulster Co., NY, Moses worked in the cement quarries and his job brought him to Northampton, Northampton Co., PA. He was supertendent of the Dragon, Portland , Lawerence Cement co. in Northampton, They moved here in the early 1900's ,
Moses' parents were Benjamin Gorsline and Eliza Dinge in Rosendale, Ulster Co., Ny, But i think they came from Rochester, Ulster Cc., NY ( There are 2 Rochester's in NY.
Benjanin's Parents were Samuel and Sarah ( Berger) Gorsline from i'm almost sure from Rochester, UC., NY.
Samuel died Aug. 31, 1853 and Sarah and three sons went to Wisconsin. The sons were Sylvester H., Alexander and John. Their other children were Benjamin, Catherine, Martha Hannah, Amanda Gorsline. Amanda was 12 when she died, it was 6 months after Samuel died. Samuel and Amanda are buried in Frost Ground Cemetery, Rochester, UC., NY.
Samuel's parents are James Gorsline, born 1761, marr. to
Martha Gorsline (His 1st cousin). After Samuel it was had finding the others. My couisin received some info from someone. that is disant related. I did the whole internet looking.. James parents were James Gorsline, born abt 1738
marr. to Kezia Thurston, james was the first to arrive in Dutchess Co., NY. He was a noted Tory and was arrested. he was sent to Esopus, UC., NY to be confined on the fleet prison. On June 7, 1777 he appeared before the board and voluntarily took the Oath of Allegiance and was discharged. It is said there is no further record of this man or his family but we believe he had children who went to Rochester, U.C., NY
This james was the son of Josse Joseph Gosselin, Born Jan. 10, 1700/01 in Newtown, Long Island, NY, marr. to Elizabeth
Albertus. Elizabeth's gr-gr-gr-grandfather was Pietro Cesare Alberto/ Albertis. Pietro (Peter) was Italian and was the first to settle Long Island, NY. At Battery Park in New York City, that where you get the ferry to Ellis Island and The Statue of Liberty, there are lots of monuments and there is a stone that says First Italian Settler Landed In NY June 2, 1635. Through The Efforts Of John N. LaCorte Founder Of Italian Historical Society of America june 2 Has Been Proclaimed " Alberti Day "
Josse JosephGosselin's father was Jacob Gosselin/Gorsline
born in London, England, Died 1722, Newtown, L.I, NY, marr.
to judith L'evalle/L'esveiles, Father of Jacob is Jacob Goselin Born ? Died 1676, London England, marr. to Sarah Gorris, Jacobs' parents are Jacob Gosselin, Born bef. 1609 in Dieppe, Normandy, France, marr. to Martha Chauvel,born in Dieppe, Normandy, France. They went fron France to England
and then they went to Holland and then to New York.
There is lots more on the internet at familytreemaker.genealogy, Gencircles and rootsweb.com
Are you both relate to Samuel and Sarah Burger Gorsline. Are we distant cousins ? If you want to post or e-mail me.
my email is lbmacl@enter.net
I hope i was of some help . Please let me know.

Linda Bartos, Lehighton, PA In the Pocono mountains.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
happyirma 26 Oct 2001 7:56PM GMT 
MelanieRice07 26 Oct 2001 8:53PM GMT 
Linda Bartos 19 Oct 2006 1:10AM GMT 
ELLinSpain 11 Mar 2013 11:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions