Search for content in message boards

White Hill Tavern

Replies: 2

Re: White Hill Tavern

Posted: 2 May 2012 9:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: White Hill Tavern
Hello!
Saw your post and since my dad grew up in Richmond township and knew almost everyone there, I asked him about the White Hill Tavern. I was also born there and lived there as a child, so I remembered the name of the place but he is far more knowledgable than me on the subject.
Anyway, it was originally a farm. He grew up with the kids that lived on the place. It was a 20 acre farm, raised chickens and the normal crops but also had a tavern and small store. Sold sandwiches, a few groceries for the road, etc. The mans name that owned it at that time, which was in the 40's and 50s was Emil Storck. He had 5 children, Lawrence, Melvin, RosaLou, Jenny, and Phyllis. After they sold out, a man named Blind John and his wife, Ethel, ran it until he died. John went blind because he would fish with dynamite and had an accident by doing that which took his sight. Dad tells me before the Storck family owned it, a family by the name of Door (spelling?) owned it. He remembers it always being a tavern and that he went to barn dances there quite often. He said he never heard of any murders happening there but that could have been before his time.
Hope this helps.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
slind84 22 Nov 2011 2:53AM GMT 
bastout2002 27 Nov 2011 6:08PM GMT 
LilyQueen15 3 May 2012 3:57AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions