Search for content in message boards

Ann Smith nee leonard

Replies: 0

Ann Smith nee leonard

Posted: 17 Aug 2013 7:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Leonard, Ainley
I am having a great deal of trouble trying to find a death/burial/cemetery record for my 2 x Great Grand Aunt Ann Smith nee Leonard.
Born in England in abt 1835 Ann was married to William Henry Smith in Scotland in 1861.
In the year or two after 1861, death had taken her husband and infant son and she decided to head to America.
In the 1880 Federal United State Census she is living in Holyoke, Hampden, Massachusetts, United States, with her mother and sisters.
By 1905 she is living with her sister and brother in law (Ainley) in Walworth, Wisconsin, and she was still living there in the 1910 Census.
Some years ago I managed to find a reference to her burial in Wisconsin and that she had died on the 31 May 1914, however that was at a time when I was green around the ears and didn't add the source citation...
Since then I have found nothing and was wondering if anyone could please set me on the right path to finding out anything more?
As I live in New Zealand I am unable to visit any Vital Record Office etc. myself.
Thanks in advance

Find a board about a specific topic