Search for content in message boards

August and Emil Fix

Replies: 5

Re: August and Emil Fix

Posted: 20 Apr 2012 7:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Kendall

It makes a lot of sense to me your explanation, it is what I was thinking.

I went to the Register of Deeds today and there was a third child who died, there was an Anna Fix born 3 Jan 1885 and died 18 Dec 1888 with the same parents, I unfortunately did not write down what she died from. I spoke with the woman in charge of the office about the fact that we could not find any other birth record than the one for Olaf (or August) in 1887 and she mentioned that if the birth was not attended by a physician, nurse or midwife, it was possible that it was not recorded, very sloppy records during that time. Shell Lake at this time was a big logging town, lots of people coming and going(I think the population was over 2000); we also talked about the fact that the parents Anna and Anders Fix could have been working in the logging camps and died in another county, if the grandparents were here in the area. Have you checked any of the other counties around Washburn?

I went to the library and looked at the Shell Lake Cemetery records and found where the family is buried, I went to the cemetery but I need to record other families who are buried around them to see if there are any headstones. The cemetery records do not have any dates, I am not sure if I will get to the library tomorrow or it will be Monday. If you send me your email address I will send you any photos that I might find.

I was looking at August Fix's records and I see that on his WWI draft record it lists his grandmother as his dependent. Have you found her death record? Have you done any research with the Swedish records?

My email address is sfox132@gmail.com

Shelley
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kcmellem1 17 Apr 2012 1:43PM GMT 
sfox132 19 Apr 2012 7:46PM GMT 
sfox132 20 Apr 2012 12:49AM GMT 
kcmellem1 20 Apr 2012 11:14AM GMT 
wigenwebcc 20 Apr 2012 12:22PM GMT 
sfox132 21 Apr 2012 1:12AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic