Search for content in message boards

Zalabak/Hynek in Prebram, WI area

Replies: 4

Zalabak/Hynek in Prebram, WI area

Posted: 1 Sep 2013 4:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Zalabak, Hynek
I'm looking for a Vencil (James) and Mary (Hynek) Zalabak who resided in Rusk Co (Wilson Twp.) between 1910 and 1930. Mary died (date unknown but b4 1930) and was buried in Birchwood Cemetery near Birchwood. Vencil (James) Zalabak died in Jul 1951 and am told he was buried next to his wife in Birchwood. I understand her brother, Father Hynek, was a Catholic priest who was sent to Birchwood to start a church. It was off Hwy F in Wilson Twp just north of Little Hemlock Creek on an east/west street. If there is any history of the church, I'd love to see it. I understand it burned sometime in the 1920's and was never rebuilt. My father-in-law lived with Zalabak and remembers the area well, but now lives in Chicago. He says that WC Zalabak bought 80 acres there for a farm, church, and Catholic school. Is there any chance someone could verify this information at the cemetery? Also if there is a birth date/death date for Mary? I understand there is a headstone marking the graves. I'd also like to know where I can send for copies of BMD records. Thanks for any assistance!

Jim
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ffanning 1 Sep 2013 10:59PM GMT 
sfox132 6 Sep 2013 9:57PM GMT 
ffanning 9 Sep 2013 12:12PM GMT 
wigenwebcc 9 Sep 2013 2:20PM GMT 
wigenwebcc 9 Sep 2013 3:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions