Search for content in message boards

Opgenorth

Replies: 14
Posted: 31 Oct 2012 11:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Paula,

You had mentioned Lloyd and I wonder if I met him many years ago. I am a Schoofs of Kewaskum and we are very closely related to Opgenorths here and back in Germany. I am also related to his wife Maria Strupp is is a distant Aunt on my dads other side of the family. I have their obits and some pictures of them as well. If you ever get to see the old courhouse in West Bend, WI you can be proud of the fact that Herman was the chief stone mason on that building. he also built out ancestral Schoofs home which has a stone and cement maker on top dated July 12, 1868. That means the house was built just months after the Opgenorth family came over to the U.S. and it was likely the first house among many in the area that Herman had a hand in constructing.

Feel free to call or email anytime with questions. I'm sure I can figure out a way to get scans of materials you may be interested in.

Christopher M. Schoofs (gr. gr. gr. grandson of Heinrich Schoofs and Marie Opgenorth, Aunt of Herman Opgenorth and sister to his father Theodore Opgenorth Sr.

chris1972@charter.net
cell (262) 305-0570

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Christopher S... 1 Nov 2012 6:05AM GMT 
Christopher S... 1 Nov 2012 6:07AM GMT 
Debbie 27 Oct 2004 11:23PM GMT 
Christopher S... 2 Sep 2011 8:10AM GMT 
Christopher S... 1 Nov 2012 5:46AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic