Search for content in message boards

SCHMIDT, SORAS

Replies: 1

Re: SCHMIDT, SORAS

Posted: 27 Apr 2014 8:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Apr 2014 8:32AM GMT
Surnames: Jochem Jocham Jochum Schmidt Soras
For anyone still researching the family in this 1998 message -- there are "Jochem" family entries found in the local resource "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950). For instance, there was a Wilhelm P. Jochem family in the Cedarburg area (neighboring Ozaukee Co.). In the 1850s a Nikolas & Catharina "Jochum" were looking for a Peter Jochum and published notices in the German papers. There are about 50 combined entries or references to Jochem Jocham Jochum surnames in the current version of the index.
I don't have any Soras spellings, references or variations indexed at this time.

I have 2 situations in my own family research where a stepfather's surname caused a lot of confusion in church and civil records as the child -- or others -- assumed the stepfather's name.

Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007 to honoring Milwaukee's historic German-American families. gary.rebholz@gmail.com, originator/compiler/editor, Milwaukee Wis.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Liz Schwindt 24 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT 
GaryRRebholz 27 Apr 2014 2:31PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic