JONEN, MICHELS, SCHMITZ, HOLZEM, LENGER please contact me

Replies: 10

Re: JONEN, MICHELS, SCHMITZ, HOLZEM, LENGER please contact me

Susan (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2001 4:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Linger, Lenger, Schneider, Holzem, Michels, Thielen, Schmits,
Michael,

I finally got around to organizing the data from St. Martin's (used to be in West Granville, Milwaukee County--Appleton Avenue near Timmerman Field--now only 2-3 stones are visible and surrounded by apartment buildings.) and St. Anthony's in what was Fussville.

Yes, we are related--at least collaterally.

Have you heard from a Janet Warner? She and I are working on the LINGER/LENGER line...did you know the SCHNEIDER were from Minnesota?

I found a John Schneider "of Minnesota" marrying an Anna Christina HOLZEM of Fussville on 24 November 1885.
Anna Christina HOLZEM is the daughter of Jacob HOLZEM and Anna MICHELS--the sister of Eva MICHELS from whom I descend. Our common ancestors would be Georg MICHELS and Anna Maria (THIELEN--not possitive on this maiden name).

There is also an Engelburt SCHNEIDER, son of Peter SCHNEIDER and Apolonia SCHMITS (as spelled by priest)who married Anna Maria HOLZEM, also a daughter of Jacob HOLZEM and Anna MICHELS. This marriage took place in 1887--I have no date, just a year (The priest did not record the date).

Was wondering what you could share about the Holzem/Schmidtz line?

I would be happy to send you Family Group Sheets of related lines, just let me know...
You can e-mail me privately at:
apetta@netwurx.net

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Susan
c/o Andrew Petta
P.O. Box I
Palmyra, WI 53156
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Susan 5 Sep 2001 11:26AM GMT 
Michael_Theis 1 Oct 2001 8:25PM GMT 
Susan 2 Oct 2001 12:33AM GMT 
Susan 13 Nov 2001 11:01AM GMT