Search for content in message boards

Fred & Charles PFEIFER

Replies: 5

Re: Fred & Charles PFEIFER

Posted: 10 Sep 2013 2:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Tom,

I knew Dr. Fred Pfeifer very well. I am originally from New London Wisconsin where Dr. Pfeifer practiced medicine. He was still practicing medicine when I was born in 1952. By the time I was a teenager he was retired but stayed very active in the community. When I graduated x-ray school and came back home to work he used to come into the hospital and visit regularly. He was well into his 90s when he passed away. This was a great loss to our community.

Dr. Pfeifer was very well know for his love of dogs and his development of the American Water Spaniel. It took him nearly 40 years to develop this breed and his efforts were recognized when the State of Wisconsin passed a bill to declare the American Water Spaniel as our state dog in 1968. I wish that Dr. Pfeifer would have been alive to see it come to pass.

I don't know much about Dr. Pfeifer other than he was a great doctor and a warm, caring individual. I thought you would be interested in knowing these facts about him. Good luck in your search.

Rhonda Suchon (aka Slosarek)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Tom Pfeifer 18 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
handrich 18 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
janet Lillie 13 Jul 2002 9:19AM GMT 
boomerbuster4... 27 Jul 2009 2:18AM GMT 
Rhonda Suchon 10 Sep 2013 8:50PM GMT 
Lindsey Lehma... 23 Nov 2013 1:38AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions