Search for content in message boards

Opper Family -- Town of Royalton

Replies: 13

Re: Opper Family -- Town of Royalton

Posted: 22 Jun 2013 7:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Woiske, Hauschulz, Hochschulz, Hochschultz, Tomke, Karnuth, Schüttkeker, Opper
Well well... I did post earlier in this forum with links to maps of Royalton. Now it also appears that I have a link to the Opper family.

I've just been notified by a relative that August C Hochschultz b1838, who married Julia Opper is in fact a brother to my husband's g-g-g-g-grandmother Caroline Winske. August and Juliua are buried very close to Caroline in the Baldwin Mills cemetery, so I had my suspicions even before the confirmation I received today. I would absolutely love to talk to anyone who is linked to my family line through the Opper family (or any other).

I will send emails to those relevant in this thread who posted their email addresses shortly, and I'm also pasting an excerpt from the Standard History of Waupaca County, Wisconsin" Edited by John M. Ware 1917 which explains the Opper/Hauschulz connection.

My email is jwuiske@live.com

In January, 1899, John Huffcutt married Miss Helena U. Hochschultz. Mrs. Huffcutt was born in Winnebago County, Wisconsin, April 2, 1872, a daughter of August Carl and Julia (Opper) Hochschultz. Both were natives of Germany, her father born January 7, 1838, and her mother March 26, 1844. They were married in Germany January 11, 1866, and on June 7, 1868, they landed at Baltimore, Maryland, and soon afterward went to Cincinnati, Ohio, and after two months spent in that city came to Wisconsin, locating in Winnebago County. Their home was at Winneconne, where Mr. Hochschultz secured employment on the railroad. In 1882 he brought his family to Waupaca County and bought a place of 140 acres in Waupaca and Royalton townships. There his labors and earnest industry were exemplified at their best. He cleared off the timber and brush, and in time had a large area in cultivation. Mr. Hochschultz at first built only a small house or cabin, but with increasing prosperity he was able to put up a modern country home in 1909. The improvements on the Hochschultz farm measure up to the best standards found in Waupaca County. The barn is 34 by 100 feet, equipped and arranged for systematic handling of a large number of stock. There is also a silo 14 by 40 feet, and the principal industry carried on there is dairying with a herd of high grade Guernsey cattle. Hochschultz is independent in politics and a member of St. John's German Lutheran Church. He and his wife have the following children: Bertha, who was born in Germany and is the wife of David Danielson, of Waupaca Township; Lonie, who was born in Winnebago County, Wisconsin, and died in 1910, at the age of forty years; Helena, Mrs. John Huffcutt; Emil, who is unmarried and since 1902 has been owner of his father's farm, his father still making his home there; Martha, wife of Emil Schroeder, of Waupaca Township. The mother of these children died March 2, 1915.

Mr. and Mrs. John Huffeutt are the parents of four children: Lloyd Thomas, a student in the Waupaca High School; Harold Horace; Myron Charles; and Marjorie May.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
WinnebagoGirl 5 Aug 2006 4:32AM GMT 
Holly Cook 4 Oct 2006 12:56AM GMT 
Kathy Reeve 25 Oct 2006 8:35PM GMT 
WinnebagoGirl 26 Oct 2006 8:46AM GMT 
thatdamncat 26 Jan 2007 3:41AM GMT 
Windmoeller 25 Mar 2011 3:39AM GMT 
dtchaussie 25 Mar 2011 4:14AM GMT 
Windmoeller 3 Oct 2011 2:25PM GMT 
jeans34b 4 Oct 2011 1:27PM GMT 
jwuiske 22 Jun 2013 1:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions