Search for content in message boards

Wife of Rev. Samuel Simcock (b. 1805, Staffordshire): Ann Ball Simcock

Replies: 1

Wife of Rev. Samuel Simcock (b. 1805, Staffordshire): Ann Ball Simcock

Posted: 30 Aug 2013 4:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Simcock, Simcox, Ball, Barrington
For those researching the Simcock (later spelled Simcox) family line of the Rev. Samuel Simcock who settled with his family at Crystal Lake, Dayton Township, Waupaca County, Wisconsin, I have finally come across the right information on the names of the parents of Ann Ball, wife of the Reverand.

First, I found a christening record and image of the record for Thomas Simcock, b. 1828, son of Samuel and Ann Ball Simcock. The actual record gives the name of Ann Ball's father: Ralph. His occupation was listed as potter. Thomas was christened at Bethesda Chapel, Methodist New Connexion, Albion Street, Shelton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, as was his sister Elizabeth P. Simcock.

The name of Ann Ball's father led me to the christening record for Ann Ball, 12 May 1799, at Hanley Tabernacle (Congregational), Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Both of her parents' names were given: Ralph and Sarah Ball.

I also found a christening record for another child of Ralph and Sarah Ball at Hanley Tabernacle: Isaac Ball, christened 21 May 1797.

I have saved annotated the images of the christening records for Thomas Simcock (b. 1728), Ann Ball (b. 1799) and Isaac Ball (b. 1797) to my Ancestry.com public member tree: Samuel Albert Barrington Family Waupaca Wis. for anyone who wishes to view and save them to their relevant family trees.

Note: for those who have James and Hannah Winfield Ball or a John Ball listed for the parents of Ann Ball Simcock (b. 1799, Hanley, Staffordshire, England), be sure to remove all that information and then add the correct information. :-)

Feel free to message me through Ancestry.com and I will be happy to send you JPEG images of the records as email attachments.

Relatively yours -
Jean E. DeLauche, direct descendant of Samuel Simcock, b. 1805, Staffordshire (note: contrary to family lore, he was born in Staffordshire, probably Longton, and not London)
Missouri
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jdelauche 30 Aug 2013 10:43PM GMT 
jdelauche 31 Aug 2013 4:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions