Search for content in message boards

Beebe or Clark, Plainfield, 1858

Replies: 8

Re: Beebe or Clark, Plainfield, 1858

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 1:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bebee, Beebe, Clark
Hi. I assume you mean 1871 for William Beebe's death. OK, your info is from family records. William probably died in Webster County, Iowa, too. Well, yes, I am related. I am certain how I am related to Susan Clark Beebe, and I have much information on her ancestors, which go back through New York state to Rhode Island. I am going to check my Ancestry tree and see how much Clark info I have put into it. Most recently people had trouble accessing my tree in Ancestry. Give me your email address outside of Ancestry. I am a descendant of Sarah Clark, Susan Clark's first cousin. Interestingly, my Sarah Clark married a man named John Bebee in Jefferson County, New York. This John Bebee is a brick wall of mine. However, I know that in the town of Lorraine in Jefferson County, New York, Sarah Clark married a John Bebee and Susan Clark married a William Bebee. I bet that John and William were at least first cousins and maybe brothers. So since John has been a brick wall I have been looking into William, hoping to find parents on him. My John and Sarah Clark Bebee and their children left Jeff Co. NY in 1843 and relocated to DeKalb County, Illinois, via the Great Lakes. John Bebee unfortunately died in 1848. Sarah lived on until 1876 in Sycamore, Ill.

Do you have anything more on William Bebee other than a record of his death in Iowa in 1871? To find your William and Susan Clark Bebee in the census, look at 1830, 1840, and 1850 in Jefferson County, New York, town of Lorraine. (In New York, a "town" is more like what we call a "township" in the midwest.) My Sarah Clark was a daughter of John and Eliff Calkins Clark. Your Susan Clark was a daughter of Jesse Clark and I have his wife's name somewhere but not handy just now! There were three Clark brothers in Lorraine, Jefferson County, New York. Their names were John, Jesse, and Nathaniel Clark. All were born in Richmond, Rhode Island, the sons of Capt. John Clarke (Rev War) and his wife Sarah Gardiner. The three brothers went by Clark without the "e" in Jefferson County. Same family, though, for certain. Sarah Gardiner was daughter of Nathaniel and Sarah Pierce Gardiner of South Kingstorn, R.I. After the Rev. War, Capt. John and Sarah Gardiner Clark relocated to the area of Amsterdam, NY. The parents and the other children stayed in Amsterdam, NY, area, but around 1803 the three sons John, Jesse, and Nathaniel moved west and north in NY state to Jefferson County ("finding their way from Rome (NY) via marked trees"). Jesse Clark b. 17 May 1770 in Richmond, RI; died 5 January 1858 at Lorraine, NY. Jesse had a will. Susan is named in the will, but the will states mistakenly that she lived in Plainfield, Wisconsin, but we know that it was Plainfield, Illinois instead. Look online to see if you can find this book "The Clarke Families of Rhode Island" by George Austin Morrison Jr. Our Capt. John Clarke shown on page 64, and you can move backwards from him to our direct Clarke immigrant
who was Thomas Clarke b. in Westhorpe, Suffolk Co., England in 1605 and died March 31, 1674 at Newport, Rhode Island. Send me your email outside of Ancestry and you can probably google "Capt. John Clarke" and "Revolutionary War" also google Gardiner family of Rhode Island.
Sara

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SaraGaarde 9 Apr 2002 4:17AM GMT 
ajoycarey 30 Nov 2012 1:40PM GMT 
SaraGaarde 30 Nov 2012 6:23PM GMT 
ajoycarey 30 Nov 2012 6:43PM GMT 
SaraGaarde 30 Nov 2012 8:01PM GMT 
SaraGaarde 30 Nov 2012 9:00PM GMT 
SaraGaarde 30 Nov 2012 8:28PM GMT 
rootsdigger05 1 Dec 2012 7:05PM GMT 
SaraGaarde 1 Dec 2012 11:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions