Search for content in message boards

Michael & Rosina Meyer Lockbaum had a daughter Mary b abt 1880. Was she Mary Almekinder of Ashland WI?

Replies: 3

Michael & Rosina Meyer Lockbaum had a daughter Mary b abt 1880. Was she Mary Almekinder of Ashland WI?

Posted: 23 Jan 2014 2:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jan 2014 2:43PM GMT
Surnames: Lockbaum, Zockbaum, Meyer, Almekinder, O’Neill
I need to find out if Mary K Almekinder of Ashland, WI is the daughter of Michael and Rosina Lockbaum of the Neenah Menasha area.

Mary was the wife of Martin N. Almekinder born abt 1850 Holland. They both lived in Ashland WI beyond the 1940 census.

Mary and Martin Almekinder were the parents of Irene Rose O’Neill wife of Howard Patrick O’Neill born in Kingston, Ontario. Irene and Howard O’Neill lived in Milwaukee and are buried in Holy Cross RC Cemetery.

The 1906 birth record for Martin and Mary’s daughter Irene T. (Mary’s sister) lists the mother as Mary Zockbaun. I cannot bring-up the pre 1907 record at familysearch.org to read the name myself. I am using an old browser out of necessity.

I have not found a Zockbaun but I did come across the Michael and Rosina Lockbaum family of Neenah, WI. In the 1880 census they have a daughter Mary, the same age as Mary K. Almekinder in later censuses.

“Billion Graves” gives the following information: Rosina Meyer Lockbaum, b. 3 October 1837 d. 1921 and her husband Michael Lockbaum b. 9 March 1836 d. 5 April 1905. Both are buried at Saint Patrick’s Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin. Rosina’s obituary which I will post in this thread indicates that she died on Jan 10, 1921.

Martin N. Almekinder was not a farmer. The 1910 census will not come up so I can read his occupation. In 1930 he was a railroad watchman. The 1940 lists no occupation. I cannot find him on the 1920 census. My recollection is he was maintaining equipment.

From Access Newspapers I copied a few short articles on the Lockbaum family. I will continue this thread by posting what I found on the Lockbaums.

Any help with CONNECTING or RULING OUT Mary K. Almekinder of Ashland, WI with the Michael Lockbaum family of Neenah Menasha would be greatly appreciated. I will also post at the Ashland Co., WI site.

Mary
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mary Quirk-Th... 23 Jan 2014 9:31PM GMT 
Mary Quirk-Th... 23 Jan 2014 9:42PM GMT 
Mary Quirk-Th... 23 Jan 2014 10:18PM GMT 
Mary Quirk-Th... 25 Jan 2014 5:45AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions