Search for content in message boards

The mystery of Harriet Peterson!

Replies: 7

Re: The mystery of Harriet Peterson!

Janet Eiler (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2005 7:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Mike,

Your welcome. The closest one I find is a Bertha Pederson who married a Hans Christianson on 31 Aug 1870. I only have an index so I don't know if this is the couple you are looking for.

It wasn't required that they file the records until 1907 so you might want to check with Grace Lutheran Church as they might have it in their books! Church records can be gold mines. Go back to the link I told you about for the cemetery reading and click on the History link and there is an email address for David Christianson. He is a nice fellow and recently retired. He might be willing to look thru the records for you.

Another thing to keep in mind is that it was not uncommon, even today, for the Winchester area residents to tend to their business in Waupaca or Outagamie Counties Sometimes being on the edges of the county line it was shorter to conduct business in the neighboring county.

The farm name you were trying to look up doesn't do much good here in the states. It usually refers to the name of the farm where they came from across the ocean. When you research there it might come in handy. So, don't discard it yet.

Good Luck
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Michael M. Thorstad 3 Apr 2005 7:46PM GMT 
Janet Eiler 3 Apr 2005 11:36PM GMT 
Michael M. Thorstad 7 Apr 2005 1:00AM GMT 
Janet Eiler 7 Apr 2005 1:28AM GMT 
Janet_66 7 Apr 2005 1:47AM GMT 
Elaine Cuyler 31 Mar 2009 8:36AM GMT 
Ancestry54suc... 9 Feb 2013 12:12PM GMT 
MaraMunroe 7 Apr 2005 6:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions