Search for content in message boards

The mystery of Harriet Peterson!

Replies: 7

Re: The mystery of Harriet Peterson!

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 5:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Elaine,
I am currently out of the country and will not return until April. It has been years since I have accessed this site. I have made a pilgrimage to The Norwegian-American Genealogical Research Center in Madison, Wisconsin and I have lots of new information about Ole Pedersen or however you want to spell his name. I was able to access the Flesberg farm history books, because the folks at the research center all read, write and speak Norwegian. It was a wonderful trip, filled with lots of new information. Thank you so much for leaving "a breadcrumb" to follow. I would very much like to connect and compare notes. My sister lives in Parkdale, Oregon and I drive through Portland all the time when I go to her house. By any chance, do you have a photograph of Ole Pederson? You can respond to this email as I am able to access my email periodically. I do not have my research with me, so anything I tell you about would be from memory and that could get me in trouble. The most exciting thing out the trip was that Ole was involved in a great silver ore robbery in the Konegisburg mining distrit. This was about 1839 and he and his wife and daughter sailed to American in 1842 to the Muskego settlement in Wisconsin. They latter moved to Winnebago County in 1849. Ole was one of the signers of the Muskego Manifesto published in the Norwegian newspapers about "Nord Amerika"! I look forward to hearing from you.

Michael M. Thorstad
P. O. Box 881
Stanwood, Washington 98292
425-330-7628
michaelthorstad@hotmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Michael M. Thorstad 3 Apr 2005 7:46PM GMT 
Janet Eiler 3 Apr 2005 11:36PM GMT 
Michael M. Thorstad 7 Apr 2005 1:00AM GMT 
Janet Eiler 7 Apr 2005 1:28AM GMT 
Janet_66 7 Apr 2005 1:47AM GMT 
Elaine Cuyler 31 Mar 2009 8:36AM GMT 
Ancestry54suc... 9 Feb 2013 12:12PM GMT 
MaraMunroe 7 Apr 2005 6:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions