Search for content in message boards

SCHILLING (Eddie)

Replies: 12

Re: SCHILLING (William)

Jo Hogle (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2005 5:58PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Schilling, Jacomet, Prenzlow
I have 3 families that seem to connect in Wood County, and yet I can not find records online in any of the indexes so I am rather frustrated.

William (Wilhelm) Schilling was born jan 16, 1856 in Marshsfield, Wood, WI according to the records of his great grandson and family history. I have no verification of this, however I have also found no birth record elsewhere for him.

William married Lucinda Jacomet in 1882. Although the great grandson indicated that they were married in MN, we know that both William and Lucinda's families lived in Wood county so that makes more sense.

One of William Schilling's sisters married a man with the last name of Prenzlow and she would most likely have been born in Wood county, once again based on family history.

I have been doing genealogy research for a long time, and I know that family history is not necessarily valid but it is the only clues I have in this case.

The great grandson referred to was my cousin and he died in 2000. This is not our common family line, but before he died I promised him that I would continue his research since we shared the passion of genealogy.

There is further interest in the name Jacomet and ANY help would be appreciated. It is a fascinating story of a priest and his housekeeper being run off by a lynch mob of parishioners when it became obvious that she was pregnant with his child. Lucinda was born in Illinois but the family then moved to Wood Cty, WI and additional children were apparently born.

HOWEVER...apparently some "deal" had been made with the Church, and when "Father" Jacomet had raised his children to a certain age, the Church ordered him to do his penance, and he was sent to Hawaii to the leper colony to serve for the rest of his life, not being allowed any contact with any of his family. His family know he is buried at the leper colony however the records of the colony are currently sealed and a court order is needed to release them. None of the family has traveled there to get the court order. We believe this banishment happened while they resided in Wood county.

Are there state census records other than the Federal census records? Where would I be able to find vital records for the second half of the 19th century for Wood county?

ANY help would be appreciated.

Jo Hogle <GenBrd@aol.com+++>
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
@@pajolova@ho... 11 Jun 2004 1:41AM GMT 
Jo Hogle 28 Sep 2005 11:58PM GMT 
MAKKuehl 29 Sep 2005 12:01AM GMT 
MAKKuehl 29 Sep 2005 12:06AM GMT 
MAKKuehl 29 Sep 2005 12:08AM GMT 
Jo Hogle 3 Oct 2005 3:46AM GMT 
michellepeato... 19 Sep 2010 12:58AM GMT 
MAKKuehl 29 Sep 2005 12:11AM GMT 
cotero3verizo... 7 Jan 2007 9:14PM GMT 
MAKKuehl 29 Sep 2005 12:13AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions