Search for content in message boards

Still searching for Anna

Replies: 7

Re: Still searching for Anna

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 7:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Mar 2013 8:16AM GMT
Umm, okay. It's not relevant to this genealogy quest, which is why I didn't expand. Here is the quote:

"I want to find out what happened to this lost aunt. Other than the clear indication that you would not want to live with her (any woman who can drive to men to murder must indeed have been an impossible wife!)"

No woman drives a man to murder. No wife is so impossible that a husband just "can't help himself" from killing her. There is no justification for violence against another person, let alone a spouse. Blaming the victim is a wrong-headed and ignorant response to family violence. The quote is disturbing in the extreme.

Looking at the entire statement in the link, I see no reason to believe humor was intended, and if it was, it misses the mark by a long shot. Even in the current query, the statement is made that "Anna was apparently a very difficult woman to be married to," a bogus conclusion with no foundation or evidence. She did appear to have a pattern of choosing abusive partners - which is decidedly NOT the same as being "hard to live with." To the contrary, the pattern suggests she may have been a meek or passive woman.

I do share a common social value - that self-defense is justified, including the defense of others and the defense of one's country. We don't know the truth of what happened. I am objecting to the quote; I am not trying to define or analyze the events without knowing the facts.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
penlind 28 Oct 2001 4:25PM GMT 
LISAWATERBURY 6 Mar 2013 2:27AM GMT 
barbdale_1 6 Mar 2013 5:31AM GMT 
falsterden 8 Mar 2013 9:53PM GMT 
talbotrail 9 Mar 2013 5:53AM GMT 
falsterden 9 Mar 2013 2:50PM GMT 
talbotrail 9 Mar 2013 3:13PM GMT 
falsterden 9 Mar 2013 3:17PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions