Search for content in message boards

HAUSWIRTH, John R. and Kunigonda (Zwahlen) Hauswirth, looking for photos.

Replies: 4

Re: HAUSWIRTH, John R. and Kunigonda (Zwahlen) Hauswirth, looking for photos.

Posted: 26 Apr 2009 1:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hauswirth
I too an searching the HAUSWIRTH name and found the BUTTE, Montana Hauswirths. Residing only a few hundred miles from Butte, I made a trip to Butte to try and establish whether there was link of my Hauswirth family with the Butte , Montana Hauswirths.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a very good archives in Butte located in an old fire hall. I found a great deal of information of John and Simon Hauswirth as they built the first Hotel in Butte. Simon was a GAR member so I found pictures of he and his son Charles Hauswirth who become Mayor of Butte and was a very popular Mayor.

Charles Hauswirth founded a newspaper in Butte called the Eyeopener and many Hauswirth pictures were in this paper. There were over four hundred issues of this paper in the Butte archives and I would suggest you search for John's picture in these papers. Simon and Charles being so well known, there are a lot of pictures of them.

I was unhappy to find my Hauswirths were not linked to the Butte Hauswirths unless it is in Europe. I finished my search by visiting the graves of many of these Hauswirths in the Butte cemetery. I did stand at the graves of John and Kunigonda Hauswirth. Good luck in your search.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MyOwnCousin 8 May 2008 8:01PM GMT 
BobHauswirth4... 26 Apr 2009 7:40PM GMT 
rebholzgary 21 Mar 2013 10:30PM GMT 
JDJames89 22 Mar 2013 10:30PM GMT 
rebholzgary 28 Mar 2013 4:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions