Search for content in message boards

July 1962

Replies: 4

Re: July 1962

Posted: 20 Aug 2013 7:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
So, where to start....

your best bet is to talk to people she hung around with - could be her best friend, cousins, aunts, uncles, neighbors, grandparents??? etc.

Don't tell them why - its the next thing to taping their mouths shut! Just tell them you miss your mom and are wanting to hear stories about her from before you were born....

when they ask what do you want to know, start with who were her friends that she hung out with back then, was she popular, was she into sports or music?, where did they like to hang out?, was she a reader?, who was her homecoming date - prom date, did she date lots of people before she met your dad? where did they meet? how long did they date, etc., do they have any pictures?

(eventually you're going to hear the same stories, but be patient! someone is bound to say something!)

check her high school year book.... maybe people she went to beauty school with - beauticians like to gossip!

do you know of any of her friends that have kids your age? back in 1962, they used to publish births in the newspaper...

And if she's from a small town, everybody knows everybody - you didn't get a way with anything! Mom and dad knew before you even got home!

PM me with specifics and I will see if I can find any leads... I have 2 aunts who were beauticians! lol

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cbergman244 17 Aug 2013 2:49AM GMT 
todaysreader 21 Aug 2013 1:09AM GMT 
cbergman244 22 Aug 2013 3:01AM GMT 
todaysreader 22 Aug 2013 2:56PM GMT 
cbergman244 23 Aug 2013 1:23AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions