Search for content in message boards

Gormley/Gormly

Replies: 0

Gormley/Gormly

Posted: 8 Feb 2011 10:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gormley/Gormly, Cornell, Archibald, Brown
I am looking for information on the parents of my Great Grandfather's parents. My Great Grandfather was Hubert Leroy Gormley who was married to Laura Belle Cornell. I believe from bits of information I have tried to tie together his father's name according to Hubert's Obituary was John Bryson Gormley son of Robert Gormley and Mary Russell Gormley and his mother a Julia Ella A Brown Gormley, daughter of John Brown and Alzarah Archibald Brown.

I show both Julia Brown and a John Bryson Gormley individually in 1900 census records and then they disappear when I get to 1920 census and Hubert and what I am believing to be his siblings a Robert Elmer and Laura P. living with grandparents John and Alzarah Brown. I found a record of a rule of heirs on the estate of Isaac Archibald(Alzarah's possible brother) listing Ella Brown now Gormly. I found a record showing Hubert's mother listed on his baptism record, but without the 1910 census I have a huge hole.

Both were listed living around Blairsville, PA and possibly over just over the Westmoreland county line. I believe John B. Gormley is the sibling to Robert Clark Gormley who I can find a lot of information on in Blairsville as I believe he was a teacher.
Hubert's possible brother Robert Elmer Gormley,He went by Elmer, I show having gone to Conception Junction, Missouri around 1917 and worked with the Chicago Great Western railroad. Any info on that line would be greatly appreciated. I have searched the Blairsville cemetary records and also the Livermore cemetary, but don't find the names for either John or Julia.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions