Search for content in message boards

Obituary Evelyn May Sneesby Sanders

Replies: 0

Obituary Evelyn May Sneesby Sanders

Posted: 20 Sep 2012 8:59PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Sanders, Sneesby
I found this obituary clipping, but she is not related to my family. I hated to throw it away in case someone is looking for more info on her. So here it is, I don't know anything else.
The Platte County Record-Times, Wheatland, WY Published Sept 27, 1995, page A-2.

EVELYN MAY SANDERS 1924-1995.
Graveside services and interment for Evelyn May Sanders, 71, were held Tuesday, Septmeber 26, 1995, at 3:00 pm in the Iowa Flats Cemetery near Chugwater. Rev. Darrel Dennis of the Chugwater United Methodist Church officiated.

Mrs. Sanders, formerly of Chugwater, died Wednesday, September 20, 1995, at her home in Anacortes, Washington.

The daughter of Albert and Clara (Thompson) Sneesby, she was born February 17, 1924, in Wheatland, and was raised on the family homestead east of Chugwater.

After graduation from the Chugwater High School, she attended business college in Grand Island, Nebraska, and enlisted in the United States Navy as a WAVE in June of 1944. Following her discharge in August of 1946, she worked in the Denver area until she moved to Alaska in 1950.

On Octover 27,1956 she marred Walter Sanders in Juneau, Alaska. While living in Alaska, Mrs. Sanders worked for the State of Alaska until her retirement in 1980. At that time, she and her husband moved to Anacortes, Washington.

Mrs. Sanders is survived by her husband Walter Sanders of Anacortes, WA; two brothers, Roger Sneesby of Carpenter, WY and Eugene Sneesby of Casper, WY and one sister, Betsy Sears of Camano Island, WA. Also surviving are numerous nieces and nephews.

She was preceded in death by her parents; a sister, Violet Schliske; and a brother Vern Sneesby.

The Platte Funeral Chapel of Wheatland was in charge of arrangements.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions