Search for content in message boards

ROWIN FAMILIY OF SHERIDAN CO.,WY. by 1901 LOOKUPS

Replies: 7

Re: ROWIN FAMILIY OF SHERIDAN CO.,WY. by 1901 LOOKUPS

Posted: 3 Mar 2010 1:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Karnes, Tilley, Ire, Rowin
Hello, my name is Lynnette (aka: Nettie). Leda M. Rowin (Tilley) was my great grandmother on my fathers side.
We have questions as well, but perhaps we can share what we know.
Olive (Hin) Rowin, from what we have been told, worked for the US Governement and would load up her children in the canoe's and set up camp for vaccines and medical care to the Native Americans.

I have been raised to believe that we are Cherokee Indians, but have some doubts due to all the "secrecy". I am certain that we are native american, just not sure what tribe.

Leda Rowin Tilley married Luther A. Tilley. He passed away in 1965 and she passed away 1980. I'm not sur ehow many kids they had together. One was my grandmother, Carol Tilley and the other was Olive "Peggy" Tilley.

I know very little about this side of my family. My father, Billy Karnes, passed away in 2010. What few answers I have obtained over the years, havent really helped much.

Carol Tilley married JD Karnes and they had five children; Jim Karnes, Samantha Karnes, Linda Karnes, Joe (Luther) Karnes, and Billy Karnes. Billy Karnes was born in Welch, OK on September 15, 1946 and this is my fater.

I really dont even know much about my grandmother, Carol. She still living, but ver secretive about everything.

Olive J. "Peggy" Bauer, who married a Jack Bauer. She was born on June 24, 1922 in Casper, WY and served as a WAVE in WWII assigned to Ellyson Field in Pensacola, FL. I only know this because I came upon the obituary in Richmond Times Dispatch death notices I found by google.

I keep running into dead ends, but was amazed at this posting. How do you know so much about it, if I may ask? Are you related? We have been trying to trace our history for some time now.

Please, feel free to respond to and / or contact me.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BarryMoravek 28 Mar 2009 11:21PM GMT 
cherokeenetti... 3 Mar 2010 8:20PM GMT 
karylynp 4 Mar 2010 2:45PM GMT 
RogerHarrer42 18 Mar 2010 12:41AM GMT 
Karnes71 22 Sep 2010 1:15PM GMT 
winston9776 4 Sep 2011 9:46PM GMT 
cdrowin 5 Jun 2012 7:48PM GMT 
cdrowin 5 Jun 2012 7:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic