Bindy, Papers Past had a report dated 6 March 1937 of the death of Louis from a heart attack in his garden. It stated he was 73. So that means he died several weeks before his 74th birthday (with his birth year 1863). I'm absolutely certain this man was Ludwig.
Records for his siblings that I have seen.
2. Johanna Augusta MATUSCHKA b: 19 FEB 1865 d: 1958 NZ m. Gustav Adolf LINDNER
3. Frederick Adolf MATUSCHKA b: 1867 ALBURY NSW
4. Martin Ernst MATUSCHKA b: 1871 Albury NSW d: 1960 Corowa NSW
5. William Charles MATUSCHKA b: 1873 Albury NSW d: 1943 NZ
6. Edward Rheinold MATUSCHKA b: 1874 Albury NSW d: 1957 NZ
7. Mary MATUSCHKA b: 1879 NZ
8. Emma MATUSCHKA b: 1881 NZ m. Frederick Ernest Morris
My husband has a MATUSCHKA family connection in one of his 'trees' and they settled in western Victoria, and on looking up more about them I discovered there were two Martin MATUSCHKAs of a similar age who emigrated to Australia. Both had a a wife named Anna, and both had a father named Christian who were also of a similar age!