Search for content in message boards

morgan/steele/greenland

Replies: 7

Re: morgan/steele/greenland

Posted: 30 Nov 2013 9:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Mary, thanks heaps for your info
I actually obtained the death certificates of Violet and Daisy Rose. No children listed on Violet Robertson's certificate and on Daisy's, one daughter Dorothy 3 and half. Do not know if child was born a Morgan or Boyce, could not find marriage certificate for Daisy so they may not have married.

No further details found for Henry Eustace Morgan so I am sure Debra is right and he was born Henry Huston Morgan. Possibility he was estranged from his family due to living with Alice Steele nee Greenland. Someone of course, must have told his father that he had been killed [not the Army as they could not find any living relatives in Victoria only his daughter, Alma Rose Steele], it may have been Alice, hence the mention of him in family notice for the death of his father. Henry Huston Morgan, 1924

Sadly all the medals, kit etc are gone, whether given to his dad and then lost or whether the Greenlands disposed of them after the death of Alice Steele [as Alma Rose born out of wedlock] we will never know. I do know that when Alma married, her father's name on marriage certificate was "Henry Eustace Steele" at least they used half of her dad's name. Very sad she never knew the truth about who her father, I think she would have been very proud of him, as is her son Kenneth, and his three sons [Henry's grandson, and three great grandsons] so now at least he will never be forgotten
Thank you so much again for your input, without you and Debra I think I would still be floundering.

Pamela
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pamelae10 27 Oct 2013 10:17PM GMT 
warncoort1 6 Nov 2013 9:52AM GMT 
pamelae10 7 Nov 2013 1:09AM GMT 
warncoort1 7 Nov 2013 6:20AM GMT 
pamelae10 10 Nov 2013 7:31AM GMT 
dj72green 15 Nov 2013 3:13AM GMT 
nicholls29 21 Nov 2013 3:50AM GMT 
pamelae10 1 Dec 2013 4:43AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions