Search for content in message boards

Seeking information on NSW military/ rifle associations and uniform identification c1890-1910

Replies: 1

Seeking information on NSW military/ rifle associations and uniform identification c1890-1910

Posted: 3 Jan 2014 2:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bartlett
Hi there,

I'm researching the life of my GGrandfather, James Bartlett.

In the picture attached, he appears to be wearing a uniform of some sort with the number 46 on the left hand collar.

A newspaper article from 1890s indicates that he could have been the member of the NSW Rifle association completions, and I was wondering whether he was also involved in some sort of military activity as per the uniform he's wearing in the photo.

Also given that the Boer War was around 1899-1902 I was curious about that too, but I guess one step at a time.

Does anyone recognize this kind of uniform in the photo? and/or what the collar number 46 represents?

The photo was quite faded so I've tried to darken it using photo software on my computer. I wish the medal on the right hand side of his collar was more visible as it would probably be more helpful in identifying his status.

Any information would be very appreciated.

Thanks, Linda
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LinandNickB 3 Jan 2014 9:18AM GMT 
pamjshaw 7 Jan 2014 2:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions