Search for content in message boards

GARRIGAN, SIMON

Replies: 6

Re: GARRIGAN, SIMON & Tierworker families.

Posted: 12 May 2013 11:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Garrigan/Gargan,McCann/McKenna, McMahon,Smith,Carolan,McGuinnessHiggins,Boyd,Convery,O'Reilly,HALTON.
Gargan/Garrigans living in and around Tierworker. I have scraps of trees verbally given to me by elderly new found cousins from Bailieborough, might be helpful to someone. They are all connected in some way unknown, to my family, Michael & Bridget McCann (or McKenna) Cornaville North Co Meath and Matthew and Mary McMahon, Carnans Lower CoCavan.....Patrick? m.Smith (he had siblings Margaret,Virginia, Ellen b1866, Hugh b1865----Michael m Ann Carolan Newtown,Tierworker----Matthew m Halton----Anna Cahill Bailieborough....,2nd family: John ?? m.McMahon from Moynalty, Maio---Peter to USA (his siblings Patrick Tierworker,Philip b1856 Moybologue,---John-- Greaghaul---Philip (Dublin) b 1951.... 3rd family lived next to 2nd family Patrick d1970, Matthew, Mrs McGuiness (Mary?)(Cornaville)---Another family Christy m.Ellen---Patrick b.c1920, Sonny,Vincent, Kathleen,Queenie Newtown Tierworker. Another family from Relaghbeg (house demolished, Larry, Owen, Patrick born 100 years ago.... Another contact James,Birmingham, was related to some of the above, his father ? but two of his father's brothers went to USA, their father was Thomas m.Alice.... Harry from Belfast I'm sure was connected as well.He had a sister, Sarah, Belfast. His father,Michael+ m. Millie Milligan and had siblings Margaret m.Higgins, Mary m. McGuinness, RoseAnn m. Boyd, Bridget m. Convery & ? m.O'Reilly. Some of these could have been half siblings Harry's grandfather married three times. Harry's father lived in Tierworker area and Harry was Garrigan as a boy. Bridget also came with her cousins in 1860, her father was John,Dec'd and her mother Alice, she was from Currans.
I hope you can follow this, if you find a connection you are also related to my family and Simon's cousin's descendants in Australia,a very large tribe now. I would like to hear from anyone who makes a connection to us. Pammoreilly@live.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kathryn Cummings Randall 14 Feb 2002 6:41PM GMT 
Simon Garrigan 11 Apr 2002 5:16PM GMT 
Kathryn Cummings Randall 11 Apr 2002 7:06PM GMT 
Avastef 26 Dec 2003 11:15AM GMT 
pammoreilly 22 Apr 2013 5:53AM GMT 
pammoreilly 13 May 2013 5:11AM GMT 
pammoreilly 5 Nov 2013 5:11AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions