Search for content in message boards

Alice Maud (Hickmott) Palmer - 1888 to aft 1968

Replies: 4

Re: Alice Maud (Hickmott) Palmer - 1888 to aft 1968

Posted: 13 May 2013 12:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you Kellie,

Yes I've checked all the Electoral Rolls, where I found Alice still living in the Miles area, Qld. with her son Claude in 1968, but I still couldn't find her death. Husband Frank died in Brisbane I believe and is buried there. I also found Claude's death and his grave in the Miles Cemetery.

You see my Nan (Emily Victoria Hickmott / O'Leary) had sisters Mary, Alice, herself, twin brothers James & John who died in infancy), another brother William who died at the age of abt. 5yrs. and then another sister Lillian Marie Harriet. When their Mum Mary died in 1901, her daughters ages were - Mary 14, Alice 12, Emily 11, twins deceased, son William deceased, and Lillian Maria Harriet aged 3yrs.

I have the information on all the other siblings except our Alice - it almost seemed that no one wanted to know about her.
Their lives was not good, as their mother Mary was a very bad Asthmatic and it seems all the boys inherited her condition, as they all died very young before Mary.

Husband / Father William re-married abt. 1908 having already had a son to his second partner-wife.
Younger daughter Lillian was raised by her step-mother and as far as I know there was a good relationship with the whole family.
The older girls left home quite early and all eventually made their way in life and married.

Rita

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KennethOLeary 12 May 2013 6:06AM GMT 
warncoort1 12 May 2013 6:27AM GMT 
Sad_Mushroom 13 May 2013 12:36AM GMT 
whimee1 13 May 2013 5:54AM GMT 
KennethOLeary 13 May 2013 6:15AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions