Search for content in message boards

Milburn - Selheim, Home Hill and Ayr

Replies: 13

Milburn - Selheim, Home Hill and Ayr

Posted: 16 Feb 2010 2:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: milburn
Hi,
I decided to release this Data, possibly to help someone else, who may be seeing this Family, but also to "lift" the Profile of the particular Family Milburn, in Queensland. Naturally also to see if we ca get back to the oldest Ancestors else where.

The Milburn's are probably better know to the many, perhaps on the south side of the Burdekin River in Home Hill. The Milburn's were "ALWAYS", one of those very, Forever, Beloved Families. With not a bad one amongst the entire Family !

Selheim, for those who don't know was a small Township way back when, that was nestled on the Western Side of the Banks of the Burdekin River. You turned in to the right when traveling to Charters Towers. It was also an Australian Army Bivouac and Training Area.

HERE IS WHAT I HAVE COLLECTED TOGETHER ON THE MILBURN FAMILY ....

SIBLINGS...

1894/C6001 Milburn James William Margaret O'Connor

1892/C7360 Milburn William William Margaret O'Connors

1907/C7281 Milburn Theresa William Margaret Maria Theresa O'Connor

1891/C6645 Milburn Honora Mary William Margaret Connors

1904/C6854 Milburn Sydney William Margaret O'Connor

1902/C6730 Milburn Thomas Francis William Margaret O'Connors

1900/C7027 Milburn Timothy William Margaret O'Connor

1889/C6122 Milburn Edward William Margaret O'Connors

1888/C4789 Milburn Robert William Margaret Maria O'Connor

1899/C6151 Milburn Johannah William Margaret O'Connor

1895/C6966 Milburn John David William Margaret O'Connor

1897/C6533 Milburn Margaret William Margaret O'Connor

There are a collection of My Beloved Milburn Family Buried in Home Hill, and one or two on the other side of the Burdekin River in Ayr. I already have pics of their Headstones.

We will get to "where" the direct Couper Link is in a little while.

NOTE : It is already known and Documented that the Milburn Family began with it's Seat in >>>"Northumberland" County<<< England from early times !

Please see attachments to my Reply Posts, the very direct Couper Connection I'll try to put in my last reply, ancestry receiving server permitting.

This attachment to this topic post feature Our Own Known, William and Margaret Milburn in Sellheim North Queensland, Australia, in 1903. Our Margaret's Full Name was Margaret Maria Theresa Milburn NEE O'Connor. They are listed in the Australian Electoral Roll for Sellheim from 1903 right through to 1913.

There Beloved Son better known to the many Affectionately Called "Tim" [Timothy] is the Direct Connection to Our Couper Family in Australia. Our other known Close Connects are a small tangle up but known are Warren and Gibson, with Gibson connecting us together yet again. We'll leave all that for another day and other Topic Posts.

It would be nice think we could find every single connection and all prior Ancestors back to the Milburn beginnings. But even one, "New Ancestor", prior Unknown is a Total Blessing.

If you have any information on the Prior Ancestors of my North Queensland Milburn Family, Please Feel Free to Post a Reply, to this Topic Post. Many Thanks in Advance.

See My Replys for further Information and Attachments.

regard to you all,
pop john
ps. This Topic post, ended up some how in "Surnames", for God's sake. Foobar only knows how, or why, so "IF" you Posted "HERE" in the Qld Northern Region, and can't find your Topic Post try looking in "SURNAMES" !

Must be a bug somewhere in the Forum Posting System. Ancestry will sort it out. Error Occured Tue 16-02-2010 abt 7:55: PM AEST
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
aussie_soul_p... 16 Feb 2010 9:58AM GMT 
aussie_soul_p... 16 Feb 2010 10:04AM GMT 
aussie_soul_p... 16 Feb 2010 10:16AM GMT 
aussie_soul_p... 16 Feb 2010 10:23AM GMT 
Sad_Mushroom 17 Feb 2010 6:57AM GMT 
aussie_soul_p... 18 Feb 2010 10:58AM GMT 
dandsmcloughl... 7 Sep 2010 3:22AM GMT 
aussie_soul_p... 14 Sep 2010 4:49PM GMT 
dandsmcloughl... 14 Sep 2010 11:00PM GMT 
aussie_soul_p... 17 Sep 2010 10:22AM GMT