Search for content in message boards

William Hubert Alexander and Ethel Mary Lambert

Replies: 3

William Hubert Alexander and Ethel Mary Lambert

Posted: 19 Jan 2013 11:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Alexander, Lambert, Townsend
I am researching the female line of my grandmother Mary Grace Alexander (b: 1925 - d:2007). Her parents were William Hubert Alexander (b:1881 Table Cape - d: 1956 La Trobe) and Ethel Mary Lambert (b:1895 Hobart - d:1970 Hobart).

My 3x great grandmother was Annie Elizabeth Matilda Townsend, 4x great grandmother was Mary Ann Newitt and 5x great grandmother was Caroline Crane.

I am just trying to cross match some information to make sure I am on the right track as there seems to be a few inconsistencies in the information I have been able to locate thus far and I want to make sure all my information is 100% verified.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Also, to those of you who are living in Tasmania. Is there any benefit to me making the trip from Queensland to Tassie for further research or is most of what I need available online? I was originally born in Tassie but jumped the channel in the early 1980's. The lack of certain records (especially those before the mid 1800's) makes me think that I need to locate them in person via the Tasmanian Archives etc.

I am a beginner to researching genealogy so would appreciate any advice I can get.

Lastly......what would be the main reason why a Tasmanian birth record or birth certificate can't be located? Would it indicate that the person's birth was never recorded officially or could it indicate that the person may have been an accompanying child to a female convict transported and thus not recorded on the records? Just curious as to why I can't locate a few birth certificates despite requesting and giving what I assume is the correct information/dates etc.

Thanks
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DebraLeeCoate... 20 Jan 2013 6:40AM GMT 
dj72green 20 Jan 2013 12:21PM GMT 
fryerning 21 Jan 2013 9:52AM GMT 
jacialexander 16 Mar 2013 3:27AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions