Search for content in message boards

Dickens // Victoria // Australia

Replies: 10

Re: Dickens // Victoria // Australia

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 9:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Susan,
Turns out William McKellar just put incorrect info on his marriage certificate. (I am guessing he was raised by other family members after his mother's early death, perhaps his mom's sister Anne, but haven't confirmed that this was the source of his confusion. He had also put a younger age on his birth certificate, but he was marrying a much younger girl....) He is my great grandfather, brother of Annie Frances Dickens. I am descended from his daughter Caroline Emma Dickens, born Hay, NSW. My mother had the pleasure of speaking on the phone with Annie's son Clifford near the end of his life. We passed through Mansfield and Benalla and Violet Town in April doing a quick bit of genealogy from the USA but didn't find anything we didnt know, but good to see Preston Station remains and John Charles Dickins friend's William McKellar's Lima station remains. Are you in Australia? We couldn't find a headstone in Violet Town for Charles John and town library said cemetery records had been long lost. (fire?) Also, didn't find a headstone for Mary Clarke Dickens either, she had died a year before the cemetery in Mansfield had been established. Perhaps you have more information?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rebeccaoconne... 11 Jan 2012 2:22PM GMT 
Alison Willia... 11 Jan 2012 10:28PM GMT 
divbooks 12 Jan 2012 1:35AM GMT 
rebeccaoconne... 12 Jan 2012 2:06AM GMT 
divbooks 12 Jan 2012 2:26AM GMT 
rebeccaoconne... 15 Feb 2012 2:28PM GMT 
penne666 15 Feb 2012 6:49PM GMT 
rebeccaoconne... 24 Feb 2012 1:40AM GMT 
susanaxelsson 24 Sep 2012 4:16AM GMT 
rebeccaoconne... 27 Nov 2012 4:30PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions