Search for content in message boards

trying to find out

Replies: 11

Re: trying to find out _BLUNT

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 1:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,

There was another ER - 1958 - but I have not been able to find any of them in 1958 - including George HUNTER
I see WSB was a waterside worker - he was fined in 1948 for taking part on a demonstration ( but hadn't paid by the tiime this paper came out! )
:
The Courier-Mail (Brisbane, Qld. : 1933 - 1954)
Thursday 8 April 1948

WSB was also charged with stealing in 1925 ( and again for stealing a felt hat):

COMMITTED FOR TRIAL.
The Brisbane Courier (Qld. : 1864 - 1933) Friday 24 July 1925 p 15 Article
... COMMITTED FOR TRIAL. John Pretty and William Stephen Blunt were committed for trial at the next Criminal Sittings of the Supreme Court, commencing on August 17, by Mr. W. Harris, P.M., yesterday, on a charge of having, between' July 2 and July 10, at Pinkenba, stolen 3 tons 18cvvt. 2qr, of firebars ... 89 words

he has over 20 mentions in the papers - ' Mr Blunt' 'W S Blunt' and his full name

There is a Tree on Ancestry that has a wondeful photo of Dorothy ( she died 1964) and her daugher Dawn who sadly died aged only 31...see if you can pick it up here:

http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/15081009/person/20046474795

the Tree has Dorothy's death as 1964, but the Qld Register has 1963:

1963/B62191 Dorothy Elsa Lilian Blunt parents: Reuben Cook Elsie Hollingsworth

If people were in prison, they didn't get to vote - and its possible thats where WSB was in 1958...given he had had a few scrapes over the years....and maybe Dorothy and George didn't register to vote at all

Their son, Reginald William BLUNT was also a waterside worker and died:

Reginald William BLUNT
? |???Visit Guest Book

BLUNT, Reginald William Late of Deception Bay Passed away peacefully at his home on Monday, 19.9.2011. Aged 74 Years Loved Father to Michael, Kay (dec'd), Reg (dec'd) and Jeff. Cherished Grandfather (Poppy Blunt) to all his Grandchildren and Great-grandchildren. Relatives and Friends are invited to attend a Service to Celebrate Reg's life, to be held at Traditional Funerals Chapel, 636 Morayfield Road, Burpengary, on Tuesday, 11.10.2011, at 1.30 p.m. TRADITIONAL FUNERALS Burpengary _ 3888 6633 A Local Family Company

Name: Pamela Lillian Blunt
Electoral Year: 1977
State: Queensland
District: Moreton
Subdistrict: Holland Park
with Husband Reg Wm at 153 Seville St Holland Park- he is a watersider

While taking a look for Dorothy Elsa, I came across your Tree and also a Rootschat discussion about this family. Dorothy's daughter, b 1955, was apparently adopted in NSW...you may have read through it already, but just in case you haven't, here is the link:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,483448.60.htm...

there are 9 pages of posts,so check them all!

The best clues in these posts:

...My original b/cert states my name, birth date, born Bris womens hosp. Mother; Dorothy Elsa now Cook formerly Hunter, 45 yrs old(in 1955), born London England, Certified in writing by D.Cook Mother 174 Arthur Street New Farm QLD, date registrar signature 8/6/55

Dear Heather. Hello Sister. I am 100% sure we both have the same Mother Dorothy Elsa Lilian Blunt nee Cook married to William Stephen Blunt in Innisfail on 20th Nov 1934. Dorethy's father Reuben Cook and mother Elsie Cook nee Hollingsworth.

There was six of us children and I was the second eldest, three still surviving.

I now know our Mother had an affair with a man named Gordon Hunter about 1954 who I think was your father. I do have a photo of Mum taken in 1956/7

I am sure you will be in as much shock as I was when I read your emails.

Hope to talk to you soon. Irene

HELLO! OH MY GOD!! Are you really my sister!Yes I am in shock! I have been searching so long for Dorothy & any family. If this was paper it would be covered in tears. The info you have written follows along the exact path that my lovely rootschat angels & my dear friend Anne had been searching for me. I have so many questions but can't think much now as in a bit of a state. I will send you a private message soon, but I think you need to follow JMs advice on posting a few more messages as I am still pretty new with this also,hope to talk soon Heather

some possibilities for Gordon HUNTER

Name: Gordon Alexander Hunter
Electoral Year: 1958
District: Kennedy
Subdistrict: Hughenden
with Stuart Alistair H - both station hands at 'Torquay Station'...in the same area are Allison Janetta H at 'Torquay' ..other HUNTER members there as well

Name: Gordon Edward Hunter
District: Griffith
Subdistrict: Buranda
french polisher at 12 Lansdowne St Cooporoo...at 12 Lansdowne St, Norman Park Cooporoo is Muriel Isobell and Alexander H ( a truck driver) - I add this because Muriel & Alex gave the exact same address but Gordon didn't add Norman park - suggesting he was single ( or not living with them - someone could check the addresses to see if that is possible)...actually maybe too young - found him aged 17 in 1952 in the papers

Name: Gordon James Hunter
District: McPherson
Subdistrict: Beaudesert
a farmer with June Rose H, William ( a gardener) & Pauline H at Tambourine Mountains

1958:

Name: Gordon Hunter
State: New South Wales
District: North Sydney
Subdistrict: Willoughby North
he was a plumber at 325 Eastern Valley Way, with Margaret H

I hope there is something new in the above

Jocelyn
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Karaanne2 28 Jan 2013 11:23AM GMT 
Jocelyn1411 27 Jan 2013 8:59PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions