Search for content in message boards

Thelma Gladys Patterson

Replies: 117

Re: Thelma Gladys Patterson

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 4:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Patterson,brown,Burnside
we are confused..... how you got/get...thelmas dad being born in Victoria????....because he was sposed to of been of german descent we got told by Dawn , I know...a story...but she had german medals of war etc and my hubby saw them.But a attached family member hocked them after Dawn died. that he came here to escape the war,and at stime interned at camp pell now royal park vic,along with unkwn f Patterson nee brown,thelmas mum.Dawns freind vals,parents we're there too.And the family name was changed to Patterson,Dawn had proof of this apparently and told and showed my husband many yrs ago,but he can't recall much..as it was along time ago.Dawn stayed with her gma Patterson nee brown until she met my hubbys dad,at age 17..George James Overton who died in 1991 & is buried at Donald,vic.Dawn had cervical cancer and died in 1989 &is buried at wbool cemetery.Dawns daughter is also interned at wbool Alice Ellen Lorraine Benson nee Overton,Alice died in a car accident.Dawn had 14 kids in total but are not all biologically overtons.Even despite bearing the surname.As for Burnside,im in ctact with one lot of Burnside family,who think we might be connected,but not sure atm...they're said to be related to Burnside apparently..they say they are related to two Burnside families..and one whom I speak to who's a priestly,his mum was Matilda Burnside..well he said they'd heard the same story from his ggp about a Russell being run down....damn this is confusing!!!!....I will have to tell my hubby what you guys have found.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mick_r_overto... 17 Feb 2013 12:12PM GMT 
Jen_McCarrick 17 Feb 2013 8:01PM GMT 
Mick_r_overto... 17 Feb 2013 11:10PM GMT 
Mick_r_overto... 15 Feb 2013 11:41AM GMT 
Sad_Mushroom 15 Feb 2013 10:55PM GMT 
Mick_r_overto... 16 Feb 2013 12:25AM GMT 
Sad_Mushroom 15 Feb 2013 11:06PM GMT 
Mick_r_overto... 16 Feb 2013 12:35AM GMT 
Sad_Mushroom 15 Feb 2013 11:13PM GMT 
Mick_r_overto... 16 Feb 2013 12:38AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions