Search for content in message boards

Page Doble, b. 1830, Buckland St. Mary, Somerset; d. 1870 Geelong, Victoria, Australia

Replies: 2

Page Doble, b. 1830, Buckland St. Mary, Somerset; d. 1870 Geelong, Victoria, Australia

Posted: 31 Jul 2013 11:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Doble, Hancock, Handcock
I am related to the Doble family of Somerset through marriage connections to my Knight, Dunn, and Sparkes ancestors of Devon, England.

For those researching Page Doble, b. 8 Aug 1830, Buckland St. Mary, Somerset, son of William and Elizabeth (Betsey) Spark(es), who immigrated to the area of Geelong, Victoria, Australia . . . I stumbled upon his Australia burial information!

The information can be found through the Research tab of the Geelong (Victoria, Australia) Cemeteries Trust: http://www.gct.net.au/

He was buried 2 Apr 1870 at Drysdale Cemetery:
Location DRY-COE-1-807-149
Section Church Of England
Row 1
Grave 149

Note: Two of Page Doble's brothers, Adolphus and Northcote (spelled "Narket" in the 1841 census for Somerset) also immigrated to Australia. Their youngest brother, Mark C. Doble, remained in England. Mark C. Doble had a son born in 1870 who was named Page.

I have been trying to verify the 1870 Australia death of Page Doble since I found public member Ancestry.com family trees noting his death in 1870 and then indicating he was alive in 1900. I just didn't believe he was a vampire. :-)

He seems to have lived in the Geelong area after emigration from Somerset in 1849 aboard the ship Sir George Seymour out of Plymouth, Devon, England. I have records for him for Queenscliff, Bellarine, and Drysdale. I have additional information on him, his wife Mary Jane Hancock/Handcock, b. 1838, Tasmania, and their children.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jdelauche 31 Jul 2013 5:34PM GMT 
warncoort1 1 Aug 2013 9:39AM GMT 
jdelauche 1 Aug 2013 3:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions